I wrote this article to help my future self to get this done faster next time. I make it public hoping it might be helpful for someone else as well.
Why would I do that?
To somehow find a way to make money with it – of course.
- Setup a cloud server with the properties you want it to have
- Insert the Kali ISO file into the virtual “DVD-Drive”
- Start the Server
- Open the KVM console
- In the GRUB menu select graphical install
- Select what you would normally but be carful at the following pints
- To access a network more manual configuration has to be made skip this for now
- Since the network has not been configured yet validating the mirror will fail just skip this point for now
- After installation shutdown, remove the ISO image and start the server
Configure Network (and internet access)
- In the File /etc/resolv.conf we need to configure a DNS server. Add a line with “nameserver 184.108.40.206” (or change the IP for a different name server)
- In the File /etc/network/interfaces add the following lines:
auto eth0 iface eth0 net static address YOUSERVERPUBLICIP gateway 10.255.255.1 pointopoint 10.255.255.1
- Restart the eth0 interface by typing “ifconfig eth0 down && ifconfig eth0 up” into a shell
Configure Mirrors (so updates will work)
- In the File /etc/apt/sources.list add the following lines
deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib
- Now type “apt-get update” to fetch the packages form the newly added repositories
Have fun & make money!